We use cleaned, milled, cold-pressed, extruded, and cut soya beans in our soya oil cake production. We produce texturised soya mince and other savoury types of foodstuff using our soya oil cake.
Soya oil cake is an all-natural product produced from cleaned, de-hulled soya. It is rich in protein and fat and has a creamy yellow granular consistency with some fines.
Our soya oil cake meets the requirements, specifications and standards laid down by the Agricultural Products Standards Act, Trade Metrology Act, Foodstuffs, Disinfectant and Cosmetics Act of South Africa. Our world-class manufacturing facility employs GMP (good manufacturing practices) to ensure we meet all legal and regulatory requirements.
|Effective Date: September 2020||Document NR: INFO-SPEC-HAC-IR-9.0.5||Revision Nr : 0.0|
|Compiled by : Quality Manager||Process Owner : CEO Irwing615 cc||Approved|
|PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS – SOYA OIL CAKE (FULL FAT)|
|Parameter (/ 100g)||Specification||Micro Parameters|
|Typical Analysis||Protein||34 – 46%||Melamine||ND|
|Moisture||4 – 11%||Salmonella||Negative|
|*Ash||3.9 – 8%||E.Coli||Negative|
|Fat||18 – 24%||Yeast Count||<100 CFu/g|
|*10% islecithin which is a very good emulsifier||Aflatoxins||<1 qg/kg|
|Urease||>2||Mould Count||<1000 CFu/g|
|Particle Size||95 – 100% (250μm sieve||Coliforms count||Negative|
|Proteine Dispensability Index (PDI)||<85%||Listeria Monocytogenes||Negative|
|Applications||EAS is widely used in fermented dough products such as bread and morning goods. EAS improves dough properties and characteristics, thus yielding a better quality product.Beter handling and machining of dough is achieved due to the combination and interactions of proteines, fat, lecithin, and enzymic activity. The finely balanced interactions iproves crumb colour and texture and will greatly improve the softness and shelf-life of baked goods. EAS is one of the main ingredients( with an inclusion rate of between 0.5% - 2%) when manufacturing base premixes for the bread baking industries.|
Buns and Rolls - 0.5 – 2.2%*
White and Brown Breads - 0.9 – 2.3%*
Wholewheat and speciality bread - 1.0 – 3.0%*
* Based on flour weight
|Advantages of EA Soya Flour||
* Easy dispersion – Milled finely
* Water absorbsion is increased, thus improved yields are achieved.
* EAS strenghtens the doug and assists dough to retain yeast gasses during prooving. EAS contain lipoxygenase enzymes that strengthen and satabilise the glutens within the flour, allowing for the glutens to retain yeast produced gasses during prooving. Dough containg EA soya flour is therefore less sensitve to collapse during prooving and upon entering the oven for baking.
* The lipoxygenase enzumes presence has a bleaching effect on the yellow pigments in the wheat flour, thus producing white bread with a whiter crumb colour.
* EA Soya improves – Texture, shelf life, and Softness of the crumb. The lecithin present retards staling as it is a natural emulsifier, and also acts as a starch complexing agent.
|Product Description||Soya bean Grits is heat treated, enzyme inactive.Soy grit is milled from carefully selected soy beans and then cleaned. It produces a dark yellow to brownish non-dusty grit of customer specified particle size. The product has a destinct nutty smell and taste|
|Legal Status||Our products meet the requirements, specifications and standards laid down by the Agricultural Products Standards ACT,Trade and Metrology act and foodstuffs, disinfectantand cosmetics act of South Africa. Our world class manufacturing facillity employ GMP (good manufacturing practices) to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.|
|Composition||Soya Grits is a all natural product, produced from cleaned, de-hulled soya. It is rich in proteine and fat. The product is heat treated, thus enzyme inactive. The product has high water absorbsion qualities|
|Labelling and Packaging||
*Our Soya beans are sourced locally, no imported beans are used in our products
*Our EA Soya flour is packaged in a lined woven pollypropelene bags (stiched), with label indicating date of manufacture, expiry date, batch number, and weight
*GMO Status – Contains GMO organisms
|Storage and Shelf Life||
* Storage Conditions – On a lined pallet, away from walls and off the floor in a cool dry well ventilated place.
* Storage temperature – Product stored at anbient temperatures. Away from direct sunlight.
* Shelf life – 6+ months when stored as suggested.
|Intended use and possible miss use||
* Manufacturers can use the product as per recommendation and application
* Product may be sensitive to individuals with soya allergies or intollerances.
* Miss use. If product is not used according to recommendations/specifications, and not following storage instructions
Adulteration – Dilution, substitution, concealment and/or unappropriate enhancement.
- Grey market (theft)
|Religious Status||Kosher and Halaal certified product|
|Certification||In process of obtaining FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 accreditation|
|Safety||When working with EA Soya flour all PPE should be worn, including eye nose and mouth protection to prevent inhalation and accedentil contact with the eyes. Product sould not be consumed raw, as diarrhoea could result. No skin irratation was observed.|
|Warranty||Our EA Soya flour is fit for human consumption and is produced under strict regulatory requirements and supervision.|