EAS is used in fermented dough products such as bread and breakfast cereals by improving dough properties and characteristics, thus yielding a better quality product. The combination and interaction of proteins, fat, lecithin and enzymatic activity achieve better handling and machining of dough. The finely balanced interactions improve crumb colour and texture and will significantly enhance the softness and shelf-life of baked goods. EAS is one of the main ingredients ( with an inclusion rate of between 0.5% – 2%) when manufacturing base premixes for the bread baking industries.
Our EAS Soya Flour meets the requirements, specifications and standards laid down by the Agricultural Products Standards Act, Trade Metrology Act, Foodstuffs, Disinfectant and Cosmetics Act of South Africa. Our world-class manufacturing facility employs GMP (good manufacturing practices) to ensure we meet all legal and regulatory requirements.
|Effective Date: September 2020||Document NR:SPEC-HAC-IR-10.0.0||Revision Nr : 0.0|
|Compiled by : Quality Manager||Process Owner : CEO Irwing615 cc||Approved|
|PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS – ENZYME ACTIVE SOYA FLOUR|
|Parameter (/ 100g)||Specification||Micro Parameters|
|Typical Analysis||Protein||32 – 37%||Melamine||ND|
|Moisture||4 – 11%||Salmonella||Negative|
|*Ash||3.9 – 8%||E.Coli||Negative|
|Fat||18 – 24%||Yeast Count||<100 CFu/g|
|*10% islecithin which is a very good emulsifier||Aflatoxins||<1 qg/kg|
|Particle Size||95 – 97% (250μm sieve)||Mould Count||<1000 CFu/g|
|Proteine Dispensability Index (PDI)||<85%||Coliforms count||<100 Cfu/g|
|Total Plate Count||< 100 000 Cfu/g||Listeria Monocytogenes||Negative|
|Applications||EAS is widely used in fermented dough products such as bread and morning goods. EAS improves dough properties and characteristics, thus yielding a better quality product.Beter handling and machining of dough is achieved due to the combination and interactions of proteines, fat, lecithin, and enzymic activity. The finely balanced interactions iproves crumb colour and texture and will greatly improve the softness and shelf-life of baked goods. EAS is one of the main ingredients( with an inclusion rate of between 0.5% - 2%) when manufacturing base premixes for the bread baking industries.|
Buns and Rolls - 0.5 – 2.2%*
White and Brown Breads - 0.9 – 2.3%*
Wholewheat and speciality bread - 1.0 – 3.0%*
* Based on flour weight
|Advantages of EA Soya Flour||
* Easy dispersion – Milled finely
* Water absorbsion is increased, thus improved yields are achieved.
* EAS strenghtens the doug and assists dough to retain yeast gasses during prooving. EAS contain lipoxygenase enzymes that strengthen and satabilise the glutens within the flour, allowing for the glutens to retain yeast produced gasses during prooving. Dough containg EA soya flour is therefore less sensitve to collapse during prooving and upon entering the oven for baking.
* The lipoxygenase enzymes presence has a bleaching effect on the yellow pigments in the wheat flour, thus producing white bread with a whiter crumb colour.
* EA Soya improves – Texture, shelf life, and Softness of the crumb. The lecithin present retards staling as it is a natural emulsifier, and also acts as a starch complexing agent.
|Product Description||EA Soya flour is a yellowish flour, milled very fine into almost powder form (Non-Dusty). Soya beans are carefully selected and procured from local producers, cleaned and then milled to produce a un-equaled qulity product that is light yellow in colour and has a slight beany smell and taste with a bitter aftertaste. EA Soya flour does not alter the taste in products pre and post baking.|
|Legal Status||Our EA Soya Flour meets the requirements, specifications and standards laid down by the Agricultural Products Standards Act, Trade Metrology Act, Foodstuffs, Disinfectant and Cosmetics Act of South Africa. Our world-class manufacturing facility employs GMP (good manufacturing practices) to ensure we meet all legal and regulatory requirements.|
|Composition||EA Soya flour is a all natural product, produced from cleaned, de-hulled soya. It is rich in proteines and fat. It contains the enzyme lipoxygenase which has a bleaching effect on flour it also co-oxidises proteines which improves dough rheology. EAS contain between 18 and 24% fat of which 10% is lechitin in unsaturated fatty acid form.|
|Labelling and Packaging||
* Our Soya beans are sourced locally, no imported beans are used in our products.
* Our EA Soya flour is packaged in a lined woven pollypropelene bags (stiched), with label indicating date of manufacture, expiry date, batch number, and weight.
* GMO Status – Contains GMO organisms.
|Storage and Shelf Life||
* Storage Conditions – On a lined pallet, away from walls and off the floor in a cool dry well ventilated place.
* Storage temperature – Product stored at anbient temperatures. Away from direct sunlight.
* Shelf life – 4+ months when stored as suggested.
|Intended use and possible miss use||
* Manufacturers can use the product as per recommendation and application.
* Product may be sensitive to individuals with soya allergies or intollerances.
* Miss use. If product is not used according to recommendations/specifications, and not following storage instructions.
Adulteration – Dilution, substitution, concealment and/or unappropriate enhancement.
- Grey market (theft)
|Religious Status||Kosher and Halaal certified product|
|Certification||In process of obtaining FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 accreditation|
|Safety||When working with EA Soya flour all PPE should be worn, including eye nose and mouth protection to prevent inhalation and accedentil contact with the eyes. Product sould not be consumed raw, as diarrhoea could result. No skin irratation was observed.|
|Warranty||Our EA Soya flour is fit for human consumption and is produced under strict regulatory requirements and supervision.|