Pre-Gelatinized Maize Starch is widely used as binding agent in food and non food products. The most popular applications are In:
Dairy Deserts, Bakery Goods,Confectionary, Frozen Foods, Baby Foods, Soups, Food stabilizers, shelf live extender due to the
product abillity to absorb and retain water.
Pre Gelatinized Starch also act as Exipients in the food and Pharmaceutical Industry. Pre-Gelatinized Maize Starch absorb water
rappidly and is therefore used as disintegrant.
|Effective Date: September 2020||Document NR:SPEC-HAC-IR-10.1.6||Revision Nr : 0.0|
|Compiled by : Quality Manager||Process Owner : CEO Irwing615 cc||Approved|
|PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: PRE-GELATINIZED MAIZE STARCH|
|MIN||MAX||GMO – Contains GMO|
|Typical Analysis||Moisture%||9.0%||Sieve Analysis|
|pH||3.5||77.5% Passing through 150 Micron Sieve|
|Total Proteine%||4.95%||Standard Plate Count||1000 Max|
|SO2 mg/kg||<10||Yeast Count / g||50 Max|
|Fat%||1.8%||3.3%||Mold / g||50 Max|
|Mercury mg/kg||0.1 mg/kg||Coliforms / g||10 Max|
|Lead mg/kg||0.2 mg/kg||E.coli / g||0|
|Pesticides mg/kg||Compliant to SA regulations||Salmonella / 100g||0|
Pre-Gelatinized Maize Starch is widely used as binding agent in food and non food products. The most popular applications are in:
1. Dairy Deserts, Bakery Goods,Confectionary, Frozen Foods, Baby Foods, Soups, Food stabilizers, shelf live extender due to the product abillity to absorb and retain water.
2. Pre Gelatinized Starch also act as Exipients in the food and Pharmaceutical Industry. Pre-Gelatinized Maize Starch absorb water rappidly and is therefore used as disintegrant.
|Inclusion Rates||Inclusion rates are detirmined by Customer specif formulations and are regulated by produced product type.|
|Advantages||Pre-Gelatinized Maize Starch is Highly digestable, It’s a Bulking agent, Filling agent and Dilutant|
|Product Description||Pre gelatinized Maize starch are produced from white or yellow maize (Customer prefference) The product is of an off white to light yellow Colour.|
* Our Gelatinized Maize starch meet the requirements, specifications and standards laid down by the Agricultural Products.
* Standards ACT,Trade and Metrology act and foodstuffs, disinfectantand cosmetics act of South Africa. Our world class manufacturing facillity employ GMP (good manufacturing practices) to ensure that all le regulatory requirements are met.
|Composition||Gelatinized Maize Starch is a all natural product, produced from milled maize, and H2O.|
|Labelling and Packaging||
* Our Soya beans are sourced locally, no imported maize are used in our products.
* Our PGMS is packaged in a lined woven pollypropelene bags (stiched), with label indicating date of manufacture, expiry date, batch number, and weight.
* GMO Status – Contains GMO organisms (<=5%)
|Storage and Shelf Life||
* Storage Conditions – On a lined pallet, away from walls and off the floor in a cool dry well ventilated place.
* Storage temperature – Product stored at ambient temperatures. Away from direct sunlight.
* Shelf life – 6+ months when stored as suggested.
|Intended use and possible miss use||
* Manufacturers can use the product as per recommendation and application.
* Miss use. If product is not used according to recommendations/specifications, and not following storage instructions.
Adulteration – Dilution, substitution, concealment and/or unappropriated enhancement.
* Grey market (theft)
|Religious Status||Kosher and Halaal certified.|
|Certification||In process of obtaining FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 accreditation, We are HACCP Compliant.|
|Safety||When working with PGMS all PPE should be worn, including eye nose and mouth protection to prevent inhalation and accedentil contact with the eyes. No skin irratation was observed.|
|Warranty||Our Pre-Gelatinized Maize Starch is fit for human consumption and is produced under strict regulatory requirements and supervision.|